Popular Posts

Monday, March 18, 2013

Prom - Finding the right prom dress

Hi guys :)

So.. I've been looking for the right prom dress for months now. I know what I want: A beautiful, original, blue (my favorite colour), distinguished yet sexy, dress. I want a dress that makes me stand out from the crowd, but still doesn't look like a desperate move to get attention.

I started of looking at the internet. There's a lot of  great websites, but I also know that there's a lot who doesn't ship the products at time, and some not at all. At first I just looked for inspiration, for how I wanted my dress to look like. 
And then I found this one:

I really like this one. I think its beautiful and stands out, in a good way.  In this, you will still be able to see my figure -also in a good way. But unfortunately this is from lightingthebox.com, which to me doesn't seem trustworthy.

Therefore I started looking for dresses at websites that I know are trustworthy:

- There are different dresses at the Amazon websites.

I also thought about going to Copenhagen to look for the right dress, but I've heard from friends that its cheaper to buy dresses online, than in shops. I am still going to buy the accessories from a shop though. 

I ended up with buying the dress from Amazon.co.uk.
It's nothing like the one I intended to buy, but I like it anyway.
It's special, stands out, and is distinguished yet sexy.
The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the colour.
I never expected me to buy a dark green dress.
That and grey has never crossed my mind.
But with the pale skin of mine, I think the dark green colour will suit me well.





.





I haven't found all the accessories yet, but they'll have to match the earrings I bought:
Besides that, I'm now on the look-out for a dark green, silver or black clutch bag. Preferable dark green, but I've found that quite difficult  to find.

As it looks now I will wear some black high heels from Dixie, but it depends on how they look with the dress, the heels are 10cm. I might go with silver stiletos instead.

When it comes to the make-up, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. I don't want to pay anyone for doing it, but at the same time, I'm a bit worried about how well I'm able to do it myself. At this point it would be nice with an elder sister to help  me out.

As a lot of other students, I will be arriving in a limo, which suits me well. It's nice to have an excuse for driving in a limo and when you're with best friends, it can go wrong.

All of this do cost more money than I expected, and you never have much money left over after christmas. Therefore, I will recomend everyone to start saving money already in November. Unless you know that you will earn enough  in the spring to pay for it all. Just remember that if you're in the last year of High School, this is the time where you also have to pay for whatever plans your class mates have made to celebrate the High School graduation. For instance, my class has planned a week in a holiday house in the city - that's not  cheap when you agree on getting a holiday house with pool, sauna and several sleeping rooms. So please keep that in mind! But again, this is the time of our life, don't let lack of money keep you down.

Enjoy! :))


No comments:

Post a Comment